AR01: Microprocessor – Arduino Basic Starter Course
About the Course
Interested in Microprocessors and the Internet-of-Things?
Learn the basics of microprocessors using the very popular Arduino microprocessor. Connect sensors and actuators in real-time and program these to build fun projects. Instructor-led courses using real kit (Arduino, breadboard, electronic components).
Robotix Lab educates by doing, thereby merging innovative thinking with technology, allowing for creative tinkering to produce projects that link to the Internet-of-Things.
Course presenter: Bernhard Heyer (MSc-BIS (Amsterdam); NHDip-ElecEng; Dip-Datametric; Cisco-CCAI(Birmingham)) has a passion for education and has many years of experience lecturing in electrical engineering and ICT courses and has worked in large automation industries. He also lectured in the Netherlands and Germany.
Who is the target audience?
This course is for anyone who is interested in learning about microprocessors using the Arduino. The course does not require any prior knowledge about the Arduino. However, basic computer skills are necessary with an interest in technology. High school, post-school, hobbyists, career changing, home-executives, retired, etc. are all welcome!
- Gain a basic understanding of microprocessors and the terminology used.
- Unpack the kit, install the software and perform hardware connections.
- Create structured and efficient Arduino programs.
- Learn to code in the ‘C’ programming language using the
- Arduino Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Become familiar with sensors (inputs) and actuators (outputs) linked to the Arduino.
- Build basic Arduino circuits using a breadboard.
- Learn about electronics and use a multi-meter.
- Gain confidence with your next Arduino project.
The exercises help to build up a basic knowledge of microprocessors and dealing with lights (LED’s), tones an tunes, colour and external power control.
When: – Saturday, 27 April 2019 – Somerset West venue.
– Saturday, 11 May 2019 – Stellenbosch Technopark venue.
Time: 10h00 – 16h00
Where: – Somerset West venue – to be finalised;
– Stellenbosch Technopark, 4 Meson Close
Kit: The Kit and Software is included in the course fee.
NOTE: BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOP/COMPUTER with a USB port
Assessment: two weeks after course completion (100 questions).
Certificates: issued after assessment.
Fee: R 1,495.00 – payable 1 week before course commencement
(SPECIAL: 1x FREE COURSE if you bring a group of 5x or more!)
Bank Details: First National Bank, Account No. 62013435939, Branch 200610
Click here to AR01: Apply online
or, for an application form, send an Email to: email@example.com
T: +27 (0)21 023 0164 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
~ Enhancing your education experience! ~