AR02: Microprocessor – Arduino Intermediate course
About the Course
This course continues from the AR01: Arduino Basic Starter course and explores further functions of the Arduino.
Robotix Lab educates by doing, thereby merging innovative thinking with technology, allowing for creative tinkering to produce projects that link to the Internet-of-Things.
Course presenter: Bernhard Heyer (MSc-BIS (Amsterdam); NHDip-ElecEng; Dip-Datametric; Cisco-CCAI(Birmingham)) has a passion for education and has many years of experience lecturing in electrical engineering and ICT courses and has worked in large automation industries. He also lectured in the Netherlands and Germany.
Who is the target audience?
This course is for anyone who is interested in learning about microprocessors using the Arduino. The course assumes prior basic knowledge of the Arduino and the IDE programming environment such as is covered in the AR01: Arduino Basic Starter course.
Basic computer skills are necessary with an interest in technology. High school,
- Gain an intermediate understanding of microprocessors and the terminology used.
- Unpack the kit, install the software and perform hardware connections.
- Create structured and efficient Arduino programs.
- Learn to code in the ‘C’ programming language using the
- Arduino Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Deepen your knowledge of sensors and actuators linked to the Arduino.
- Build basic Arduino circuits using a breadboard.
- Learn about electronics and use a
multimeter and an oscilloscope.
- Use tilt, temperature and light sensors and display results on a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD).
- Use a Servo to build a Solar Tracker.
- Understand more advanced coding topics.
- Gain confidence in your next Arduino project
When: on application, to-be-determined
Time: 10h00 – 16h00 (6 hours)
Where: Somerset West venue, or
4 Meson Close, Stellenbosch Technopark
Kit: The Kit (Arduino included) and Software is included in the course fee. No other kit is necessary.
BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOP/COMPUTER with a USB port
Fee: R 1,495.00 – payable 1 week before course commencement
Bank Details: First National Bank, Account No. 62013435939, Branch 200610
Click here to AR02: Apply online
or, for an application form, send an Email to: email@example.com
T: +27 (0)21 023-0164 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
~ Enhancing your education experience! ~